Thinking For The Individual

Formerly known as 'Thinking For The People', this site offers some reflections on the state of British society and her people from the perspective of a libertarian Conservative with a passionate belief in the pillars of freedom and responsibility.

Friday, August 05, 2005

I Hate Life

I just spent fifty-six minutes writing an article criticising the claim that Britain's is an example of the liberal model of a Welfare State. But then I accidentally tried to copy the text, and doing so caused it all to be deleted.

So just to avoid logging off and feeling miserable all day for not publishing my rant, I'll say this: Charles Murray once said, 'When meaningful reforms (to the Welfare State) finally do occur, they will happen not because stingy people have won, but because generous people have stopped kidding themselves.'

(My lost post was better!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home